[SOLVED] How To Fix TRAP_CAUSE_UNKNOWN Errors 0x00000012 Blue Screen
[SOLVED] How To Fix TRAP_CAUSE_UNKNOWN Errors 0x00000012 Blue Screen. This is what’s called a BSOD (blue Screen of Death) Windows stops your computer when something that can harm it is about to happen. Each time your computer crashes like this, it generates a dump file in C:\\WINDOWS\\MiniDump.
This dump file can be analyzed and you can find out the error but since you already know how to look at the system log, I think that you should just start out by looking at that error in your event viewer and it gives you a big jumble of number or letters that should look something like.. 0x0000000a (more random letters/number in parenthesis) Just copy like.. the first three terms then google it without the parenthesis and commas and you’ll come up with some answers. Best of luck to you ! [SOLVED] How To Fix TRAP_CAUSE_UNKNOWN Errors 0x00000012.
In addition, If this is the first time you have restarted after installing additional hardware. Also, remove the hardware and restart again. Check the Microsoft Hardware Compatibility List to verify that the hardware and its drivers are compatible with Windows 2000. For information about the hardware, contact the supplier. If you are installing Windows 2000 for the first time, check the Windows 2000 system requirements, including amount of RAM and disk space required to load the operating system. [SOLVED] How To Fix TRAP_CAUSE_UNKNOWN Errors 0x00000012.
Also, check the Hardware Compatibility List to verify that the system can run Windows 2000. If Windows 2000 is loaded and no new hardware has been installed, restart with recovery options set to create a dump file. Also, the message continues to appear, select the Last Known Good option when you restart. If there is no Last Known Good configuration, try using the Emergency Repair Disk. If you do not have an Emergency Repair Disk and contact your technical support group.
Symptoms of TRAP_CAUSE_UNKNOWN Blue Screen Errors
- “TRAP_CAUSE_UNKNOWN” appears and crashes the active program window.
- “STOP Error 0x12: TRAP_CAUSE_UNKNOWN” is displayed.
- A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. The problem seems to be caused by the following file:
- Your PC frequently crashes with Error 0x12 when running the same program.
- “The TRAP_CAUSE_UNKNOWN bug check has a value of 0x00000012. Also, This indicates that an unknown exception has occurred.” is displayed.
- Windows runs sluggishly and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- Your computer periodically “freezes” for a few seconds at a time.
In most cases, you will experience TRAP_CAUSE_UNKNOWN blue screen errors after you’ve installed new hardware or software. These TRAP_CAUSE_UNKNOWN blue screens can appear during program installation, while a Microsoft Corporation-related software program (eg. Windows Operating System) is running, while a Windows driver is being loaded, or during Windows startup or shutdown. Keeping track of when and where your STOP error occurs is a critical piece of information in troubleshooting the problem. [SOLVED] How To Fix TRAP_CAUSE_UNKNOWN Errors 0x00000012.
Causes of TRAP_CAUSE_UNKNOWN Blue Screen Errors
- Incorrectly configured, old, or corrupted device drivers. (very common)
- Corruption in Windows registry from a recent software change (install or uninstall).
- Virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or Windows Operating System-related program files.
- Driver conflict after installing new hardware.
- Damaged or removed system files after you’ve installed software or drivers related to Windows Operating System.
- Error 0x12 blue screen caused by a damaged hard disk.
- TRAP_CAUSE_UNKNOWN STOP error due to memory (RAM) corruption.
TRAP_CAUSE_UNKNOWN blue screen errors can be caused by a variety of hardware, firmware, driver, and or software issues. [SOLVED] How To Fix TRAP_CAUSE_UNKNOWN Errors 0x00000012 Blue Screen.