Libre Office just released a new update 5.4
Libre Office just released a new update 5.4. LibreOffice is a free and open source office suite, a project of The Document Foundation. It was forked from OpenOffice.org in 2010, which was an open-sourced version of the earlier StarOffice. The LibreOffice suite comprises programs for word processing, the creation and editing of spreadsheets, slideshows, diagrams and drawings, working with databases, and composing mathematical formulae. It is available in 110 languages.
LibreOffice uses the international ISO/IEC standard OpenDocument file format (ODF) as its native format to save documents for all of its applications. LibreOffice also supports the file formats of most other major office suites, including Microsoft Office, through a variety of import/export filters.
- A new official color palette has been included, based on the RYB tone model.
- File format adaptability has been improved, with greater support for EMF vector illustrations. This helps when you’re carrying detailed pictures from other office software.
- Imported PDF files are provided with much better quality, also when entered into a document, while exported PDF files – from Writer and Impress – support inserted videos (and linked videos if initiated with Acrobat Reader).
- LibreOffice 5.4 maintains OpenPGP keys for engaging ODF documents on Linux. If you already use GPG/PGP for approving emails, it ensures the authenticity of your ODF reports regardless of the mode of transport or storage.
- In Writer, you can now carry AutoText from Microsoft Word DOTM templates.
- When you’re shipping or pasting estimated and bulleted lists as plain text, their full building is preserved.
- In the Format menu, you can now build custom watermarks for your documents.
- New context list items have been scored for working with sections, footnotes, endnotes, and styles. Libre Office just released a new update 5.4.
Libre Office just released a new update 5.4.
- Calc now introduces support for pivot tables, which use data of pivot tables. When the record is updated, the chart is automatically refreshed as well.
- Comments are now easier to handle, with menu requests to show, hide and delete all comments.
- When appealing conditional formatting to cells, you can now easily adjust the priority of rules with up and down buttons.
- Extra sheet security options have been added, to optionally allow inclusion or deletion of rows and columns.
- Lastly, when you’re shipping in CSV format, your settings are retained for the next export operation.
- In Impress, when you’re reproducing an object, you can now specify sectional angles. In addition, your settings are stored for the next duplication operation.